Inspired by Gjelina in Venice, CA, here's a flatbread with a springy mint pesto and burrata, it's the perfect spring toast idea. Light and simple with the right mix of ingredients gives this flatbread a great flavor without being too overpowering.
I'm super into burrata, and lately have been loving making pesto with other types of herbs. This recipe brings all of those things together. You can also check out some of my other recipes where I include burrata here: Summer Peach Burrata Salad and Tomato Panzanella.
This easy spring flatbread recipe can be made with pizza dough or with just any bread you like. Then, all you do is top it with a minty pesto and some soft cheese like a mozzarella or burrata, and you have an instant appetizer. Everyone is sure to love it!
Additionally, you can put it on a slice of sourdough bread, or if you're feeling extra, make some pizza dough. You don't need to over complicate the recipe, so go with whatever bread you have handy. I mean, you're topping it with pesto and cheese, there's no way you could go wrong!
This mint pesto toast is super easy to prepare and everyone will love it!
Gjelina Spring Burrata and Mint Pesto Toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread cut in half and toasted
- 4 oz fresh burrata or mozzarella
- Sweet pea tendrils if you can find them otherwise more mint
- ½ cup mint
- ½ cup basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1.Blitz together the mint, basil, olive oil, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender, and season to taste with salt & pepper
- 2.Spread the mint pesto over bread (or prepare pizza dough if you want to be an overachiever)
- 3.Top with torn burrata or mozzarella, sweet pea tendrils and some flaky salt.