Fried zucchini blossoms are already a light, easy appetizer to make, and then with that hint of brie, it just takes the recipe into flavor maximum.
- 12 zucchini blossoms
- 64 oz of canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 can of Modelo or any light beer
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- brie – one 1/4″ by 1/8″ slice per blossom – remove the rind
- flaky salt for finishing
- Heat the oil in a skillet until 350F.
- In a bowl, wisk together the flour and salt, and pour in the beer, and whisk that all together.
- If you are doing brie-stuffed zucchini blossoms, place the slice of brie inside the blossom.
- Dredge the blossom through the beer batter, and then fry for 2 minutes each side in the hot oil.
- Set to cool on a wire rack and eat while hot!
Keywords: Fried zucchini blossoms, brie-stuffed fried zucchini blossoms