In anticipation of spring and all the wonderful vegetables, herbs and flavors re-emerging from the earth. Here's a recipe for a green goddess potato salad that's bursting with freshness. Make my green goddess dressing and marry that with new potatoes, asparagus, arugula and soft eggs -- heaven!
There's nothing quite like a waxy potato enveloped in a velvety dressing and paired with fresh veggies. While I love all potato salads (looking at you,
Before you start your green goddess potato salad
I have a couple of hacks for you in making this green goddess potato salad. First, flexing your #knifeskills, cut the potato into equal sized 1" cubes -- this will make it so the potatoes cook evenly.
Then, to cook the potatoes and the eggs, throw them all in salted boiling water AT THE SAME DAMN TIME -- they will both take exactly 8 minutes to cook. MULTITASKING!
When you take the eggs and potatoes out of the water, keep the water on - throw the asparagus in for about 2 minutes to blanch them.
Toss the potatoes, asparagus, arugula, eggs in some green goddess dressing and have yourself a snack.
Green Goddess Potato Salad
- Start with the thing that needs to sit and chill while you cook. Make the quick pickled shallots, slice a shallot thinly with a mandoline, and cover with apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar. let it sit while you work.
- Prep a pot of salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Prep an ice bath for the eggs off to the side.
- Cook the potatoes and eggs at the same time for 8 minutes in the boiling water. When done, throw the eggs into the ice bath and transfer potatoes into a large bowl. Toss the potatoes with a bit of apple cider vinegar.
- With the water still on, blanch asparagus for about 2 minutes, then throw into the ice bath to shock them to stop the cooking. Pull them out and let them air-dry when they're cold to the touch.
- Chop arugula, peel and chop eggs, and then combine everything - potatoes, arugula, eggs, asparagus, green goddess dressing, and season to taste.