This summer corn salad is crunchy, umami, tender, citrusy and filling. It’s veggies and Mexican flavors, too! It comes together so quickly and is naturally light, super refreshing, and perfect for warmer weather. This summer corn salad is a take on the flavors of Mexican elotes, and you should definitely not miss out on the jalapeno ranch recipe also included here!!
Continuing the theme of Mexican-inspired recipes lately, here’s a hearty summer corn salad that riff off of the flavors of elotes. Grilled corn and grilled chicken combine with tangy jalapeno ranch and is seasoned with Tajin to make a really yummy summer dinner.
ALSO! This salad has JALAPENO RANCH!! This Jalapeno ranch recipe will light your fire. It’s that good.Print
Inspired by Mexican flavors, this hearty summer corn salad will fill you up at dinner. it’s a summer corn salad with chicken, lime, and jalapeno ranch dressing.
- 1 skin on, with bone chicken thigh per person
- 2 cups of cress or romaine per person
- 1 ear of corn per person
- 1 lime
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- Preheat a skillet on high heat. Debone the chicken thighs and salt the skin side. Once the pan is smokingly hot, place the chicken thighs skin side down onto the skillet and don’t touch them. Let them cook for 8-10 minutes, until really crispy. Flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Once done, set aside to rest.
- Let the pan cool down a hair when the chicken is all done, and place the corn into the pan to brown the kernels a bit.
- Make the jalapeno ranch: combine all ingredients in a jar and stir.
- Slice the chicken into 1″ slices, chop the corn off of the kernels and plate the salad! Drizzle with jalapeno ranch and serve with lime wedges. Season with some sprinklings of Tajin.
- Optional toppings: avocado, tomato, cotija.
Keywords: salad, corn salad, summer salad