Here’s a recipe for a paleo cream of asparagus soup. It’s spring in a soup form — blending together asparagus, peas, mint, and onion and topping it with a bit of cream that’s light and lovely. If you’re looking to take advantage of seasonal produce, make this spring herb and asparagus soup!
I think peas are a divisive vegetable, but in early spring, they are such a joy. My impression is that people got
how to make paleo spring herb and asparagus soup
This is so simple! You’re going to sweat some onions in a bit of olive oil. Then add in peas and asparagus, and stir to combine.
Add in chicken broth and the zest + juice of a lemon and let it simmer for a few minutes to soften.
Then, transfer to a high speed blender like a Vitamix. Combine with a bit of coconut cream and a few tablespoons of collagen peptides for extra protein, and serve!
Spring Herb and Asparagus Soup
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 cups peas frozen ok!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons collagen peptides
- to garnish: mint sprigs, more coconut cream
- In a medium saucepan, heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil until it shimmers. Add in chopped onion and sweat the onions.
- Add in the peas and chopped asparagus – give it a few stirs.
- Add in chicken broth and zest/juice of 1 lemon.
- Bring to a boil and then bring it down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a Vitamix and blend a few seconds to break down ingredients. Add in coconut cream and collagen peptides; blend until fully smooth.
- Serve w/ addition coconut cream and some soft herbs.