Here is a totally easy Panzanella recipe that is all about seasonal, farmer's market produce. With heirloom tomatoes and crusty bread, toss in some cucumber, herbs, and a little burrata on top, this summer Panzanella recipe will make your heart sing.
This recipe is very much inspired by the Panzanella at the La Brea Bakery Cafe in LA. It takes all of the goodies from their amazing dish and as always, with a dash of Mimi originality mixed in. La Brea Bakery Cafe has a lot of other incredible things you can order, so if you hadn't had the chance to check it out yet, here is a reminder that you must go soon! You won't regret it, I promise.
I had just been to pick up a bunch of tomatoes at the farmer's market last week so in case you were wondering, that's why there are so many tomato centric recipes coming your way this week. Here are a few of the other tomato recipes I've put together for you this month - a tomato tart, as well as a tomato vodka sauce - all made with gorgeous heirloom tomatoes. And can't forget this one - here's a tomato salad that has preserved lemon and feta.
Panzanella with Heirloom Tomatoes and Rustic Bread
- 2 heirloom tomato - choose pretty colorful ones! - roughly chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers roughly chopped
- a handful of herbs - mint tarragon, basil - anything you want
- day old bread - 1 or 2 slices of ciabatta or french baguette - roughly chopped
- 1 blob of burrata
- olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- flaky sea salt
- chop the tomatoes and cucumbers roughly
- plate and top with crusty bread
- top with herbs
- finish with olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper!