A classic Italian chopped salad, inspired by Beverly Hills’ iconic restaurant La Scala
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄4lb Italian salami, julienned
- 1/2 cup of provolone, chopped finely or shredded
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and well-drained
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup of julienned basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- To make vinaigrette, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and oregano in a jar or small container – shake to combine.
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, salami, provolone, tomato, and garbanzo beans. Toss with vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with basil.
Keywords: Chopped salad, la scala chopped salad, la scala's chopped salad, nancy's chopped salad