This easy, healthy chickpea salad is a great vegetarian lunch option! Inspired by fattoush, but omitting the croutons, this chickpea, tomato, and cucumber salad is endlessly scalable, perfect for meal-prep or anytime you need a quick healthy lunch or snack.
This chickpea, tomato and cucumber salad recipe is so easy that I almost deemed it not worthy of blogging about. However, since it’s such a staple of my diet, I decided I’m going to share more of my easy, healthy basics.
This recipe is for 1, and can be scaled up as much as you want — it would hold a few days and you can meal prep with it by adding some additional protein (chicken, salmon, cod, etc) or you could make it more of a lettuce-y salad with some chopped romaine + croutons.
The basis of the salad is a lemon paprika vinaigrette and then the glorious trio of chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, and Persian cucumbers.
how to make a healthy chickpea, tomato, and cucumber salad
Make a lemon-paprika vinaigrette. Combine 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, the juice of 1 whole lemon, and a 1/2 teaspoon of paprika. You could use either sweet or smoked paprika, depending on your preference. Stir to combine.
Add the chickpeas to the vinaigrette and let them marinate while you chop the rest of your vegetables.
Slice your cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on how big they are. Slice your Persian cucumbers into halves the long way, then slice 1/4″ rounds.
Add a tablespoon of crumbled feta on top, and adjust for salt & pepper. Done! Eat!
recipe for a chickpea, tomato and cucumber saladPrint
This easy, healthy chickpea salad is a great vegetarian lunch option!
Lemon Paprika Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
Chickpea, tomato and cucumber salad
- 1 cup of chickpeas (cooked, drained)
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon of crumbled feta (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette. Mix 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with the juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 teaspon of paprika.
- Prepare the salad. Pour the vinaigrette over the chickpeas and let marinate. Chop the cucumbers in half the long way, and then into 1/4″ slices. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half if smaller, in quarters if bigger. Mix all together.
- Finish. Add a tablespoon of feta on top. Taste for seasoning and add salt + pepper as you see fit.
Keywords: Vegetarian chickpea salad, fattoush, easy chickpea salad, vegetarian lunch idea