This fennel and blood orange salad recipe is healthy, delicious, and perfect for Wintertime. This fennel and blood orange salad is something you probably would see at a New American restaurant for $18 -- but you can make this at home for less than $5!
We are not done with winter citrus yet!! this is savory/sweet/crunchy/salty/acidic delight is good for breakfast, a light lunch, or a side. shaving the fennel thin and then topping with bright sherry vinegar cuts down on the black licorice notes.
Fennel and blood orange salad
- 1 fennel bulb leaves and stems trimmed off
- 2 oranges
- 1 shallot peeled and cut into paper-thin slices
- 10 mint leaves
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flaky salt
- trim the fennel - remove the fronds, cut off the bottom, and peel the outer leeves. shave the fennel on a mandoline.
- supreme the oranges
- toss with mint leaves, shallot, and nuts
- finish with evoo, vinegar, salt and pepper.