Making a frittata is one of the easier, more impressive, things you can do with eggs. With about 6 eggs, any combination of vegetables you like, and about 20 minutes, you can have a tasty brunch recipe or breakfast-for-dinner recipe on your hands. This recipe for a spinach and tomato frittata is an endlessly customizable palate for your enjoyment!
When I’m not just cooking breakfast for myself on the weekends, I love to make a spinach and tomato frittata for my husband and I. When I do, I use the Greenpan, a super nonstick pan made without harsh chemicals and the frittata slides out of the pan with no stick and no mess at all.
How to make a spinach and tomato frittata
Here’s my very-customizable template for making a veggie frittata.
- Preheat the oven to 450
This is for baking the spinach and tomato frittata after it’s set.
- Spray a 10″ nonstick pan with spray and sautee 1 shallot
Then sautee until the shallot is see-through
- Add spinach and cook down until halfway wilted
- Add chopped tomatoes and any other additions you want – ham, cheese, etc
This is where you can really customize the flavors of the frittata.
- Add in 5-6 eggs that have been stirred/scrambled
Stir to make sure it’s evenly distributed
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes until the bottom of the frittata has set a little bit
Also, see the image above for the consistency you’re looking for!
- Transfer to the oven and bake at 425F for 10 minutes, until the whole frittata is set
- Slide the frittata onto a plate and serve
A customizable spinach and tomato frittata recipe for two
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- optional: 3-4 slices of deli ham, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Spray a Greenpan with a little bit of nonstick spray
- Sautee the spinach in the pan until wilted a bit
- Add in tomatoes and sautee a bit to combine
- Add in the scrambled eggs and distribute evenly amongst the veggies — let it cook for about 2 minutes so that it’s set
- Add the whole skillet into the oven and cook at 425F for about 10 minutes until it’s puffed up and is all set
- Slice and serve!
Keywords: Frittata, spinach and tomato frittata recipe, easy frittata recipe