This bowl of brothy noodle soup – that has both Vegan and Whole30 friendly versions – is warming, light, healthy and clean! If you’re looking for a perfect soup for when you have a cold coming on, when you’re looking for something revitalizing, or just want a nourishing bowl of yummy soupy goodness, this bok choy shirataki noodle soup is it.
the inspiration behind this bok choy noodle soup
This soup is super customizable and flexible, too. You can make it with vegetable broth + tofu + any time of noodle = vegan; chicken broth + chicken + shirataki noodles = Whole30; beef broth + any type of noodle = flexitarian.
And – one last thing – I’ve said this before, but if you’re doing whole30 and are looking for some noodles in your life, you have to try these shirataki noodles.
how to make this bok choy shirataki noodle soup
next, saute your
meanwhile, clean and chop your bok choy,
right before you want to eat, throw in the bok choy, tofu/chicken, and shirataki noodles. top with chili oil if that’s your jam.
AND THAT’S IT! I feel like most pho-y soups take hours to come together. Not this guy. He’s ready for you in about 20 minutes. Yeah. Get it
this bok choy noodle soup has vegan, whole30 and flexitarian options! I personally LOVE shirataki noodles and think they make the soup.
1 WW SmartPoint
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 bunch of green onions – divided between white part and green parts, and chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2” of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups of broth – your choice of veggie broth, dashi, chicken or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 heads of bok choy
- 4 oz of protein – tofu, pulled chicken
- 8 oz of sliced crimini mushrooms
- 8 oz of shirataki noodles
- Sweat the shallot, garlic, and green onion with the 1 tablespoon of neutral oil in a large pot
- Add in the chopped ginger and sautee until fragrant
- Add in the broth, coconut aminos/soy sauce, protein of choice, and mushrooms, and bring to a simmer
- Skim any scuzz off the top
- When ready to eat, throw the chopped bok choy into the soup for about a minute to soften
- Finish with the shirataki noodles, which don’t need to be cooked
- Top with some chili oil if you like!
Shirataki noodles can be subbed for rice noodles
Keywords: ginger vegan soup, vegan soups, ginger noodle soup