Here's a recipe for roasted salmon that will hit the spot any weekday or even any dinner party. Roasted salmon with ginger, sweet potato, Asian pear, and celery is such a great flavor combination. This healthy salmon dinner idea is a winner every time.
why salmon is so great with ponzu
This salmon with ponzu hits a lot of flavor notes - sweet, salty, sour, fresh. it also feels pretty healthy! adapted from BA's healthyish.
what is ponzu, exactly?
Ponzu a sauce that's a blend of soy sauce and ginger and lime juice.
a salmon dinner that's high protein and delicious
Preheat oven to 350°. Roast sweet potatoes cut side down, with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast until tender - 30–40 minutes.
When potatoes are halfway done, roast salmon on another baking sheet (also w/ EVOO and salt on top) until just opaque in the center, 16–18 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix ginger, lime zest and juice, soy sauce and sesame oil to make ponzu.
Break potatoes and salmon into large pieces. Divide potatoes, salmon, celery, and pear among plates. Drizzle with ponzu dressing. voila!
Roasted salmon with ponzu, pear and sweet potato
- 2 sweet potatoes medium to large, sliced in half the long way, skin on
- 16 oz salmon skin on
- 2 celery stalks sliced very thinly
- 1 small Asian pear cored and sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided, for drizzling on sweet potatoes and salmon
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt divided, for sprinkling on sweet potatoes and salmon
- 1 inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 2 limes' zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari, soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a sheet pan, roast sweet potatoes cut side down, with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt - roast for 20 minutes.
- At the 20 minute mark on your timer, your sweet potatoes are halfway done. Take the sheet pan out of the oven, and flip your potatoes. Add your salmon to the same sheet pan in the oven (using the rest of your olive oil and salt to season it) and bake everything all together for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ginger, lime zest and juice, soy sauce/tamari/coconut aminos and sesame oil to make ponzu sauce.
- When finished cooking, to serve, cut potatoes and salmon into large pieces. Divide potatoes, salmon, celery, and pear among plates. Drizzle with ponzu dressing. voila!