In the style of the truffle gnocchi from Barbuto, here’s a super easy gnocchi recipe, made with rosemary, sage and brown butter — and truffle salt. It’s honestly stupidly easy, and ridiculously delicious.
The context behind this gnocchi recipe: I’m going through a gnocchi phase after having this amazing truffle parmesan gnocchi at Barbuto on valentine’s day. truffle isn’t exactly the most affordable item for a simple home dinner, but truffle salt or truffle oil adds a nice earthy note to this easy weeknight dinner without breaking the bank.Print
fancier-than-it-seems gnocchi pasta for two
- 8 oz store-bought fresh gnocchi
- 1/2 stick of butter
- a few sprigs of rosemary and sage
- truffle salt
- parmesan cheese
- prepare a pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- in a pan, brown the butter and add the herbs in, flavoring the butter with their herby essence.
- cook the gnocchi according to its directions; about 2-3 minutes. strain and toss directly into the brown butter.
- plate, and serve with a few fresh herbs, parmesan, and truffle oil.