A classic recipe for vodka sauce
- Big pot of salted water
- 1 lb of rigatoni
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup of vodka
- 15 oz of pureed tomatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Set a large pot of salted water to high heat
- In a large skillet, sautee butter and onions on medium heat until see through
- Add 1 cup of vodka and let the alcohol cook off a little bit before adding in the tomato puree. Stir to combine, taste for seasoning, add salt probably Cover and let simmer while the pasta cooks.
- Cook rigatoni for 2 min less than the package’s description. When al dente, using a strainer transfer directly into vodka sauce to finish cooking.
- Divide and serve! Perhaps put parmesan on top or some fresh basil. Voila
Keywords: vodka sauce, rigatoni with vodka sauce, vodka pasta sauce