Here’s an incredibly easy recipe for making spicy noodles at home – easier than takeout and so, so good. Using chili oil, soy sauce – this spicy recipe is delicious and cures that spicy carby craving you might be having.
How to make spicy chili oil noodles at home
Making this recipe takes about 5 minutes of active time to get THIS glorious snack. Make a large batch and you can even have it as a meal too!
You can also check out the Keto friendly version of the chili oil noodles!
First, boil a pot of salted water. If you’re using spaghetti, fettucini, or another type of dried noodle, it will take about 8 minutes for the pasta to cook. If you’re using a fresh noodle, it will take about 2 minutes.
Off to the side, in a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of spicy chili oil per each cup of noodle that you’re making, with soy sauce and garlic (specific proportions below).
When the noodles are cooked al dente, transfer directly from the water into the bowl with the chili oil prepared. Toss and sprinkle with some scallion on top. And that’s it! Super easy.
5 ingredient Homemade Chili Oil Noodles
- 4 oz fresh noodles , or 2 oz of dried spaghetti/fettucine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Shaoxing vinegar , if you have it. no worries if not
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes for sprinkling , if you want it hotter
- bring a small pot of salted water to boil, and cook the fresh noods to al dente – mine took about 3 minutes.
- in a separate bowl, combine soy sauces, chili oils, garlic powder.
- when the noods are done, drain and toss and serve!