This kale yogurt dip recipe is your new favorite dip. It's loaded with kale, sweet raisins, warm cumin, and crunchy almonds. It comes together so quickly and is naturally sweet-tart. This kale yogurt dip is a modern take on yogurt dips and would be great with pita chips or plain potato chips!!
Kale yogurt dip
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 1 cup kale
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 1 lemon zest and juice
- salt and pepper
- toast chopped almonds in a skillet until fragrant, about 5 mins. set aside
- in the same skillet, add ½ cup water. as soon as the water bubbles, add one-third of the kale and cook, stirring occasionally until most of the kale is wilted, then add more. add in the raisins to hydrate them a little with the kale. continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until all the kale is wilted, 6–8 minutes.
- shock the kale in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and lock in its bright green color. Drain and squeeze out excess liquid. Finely chop kale and set aside.
- wipe out skillet and heat 2 Tbsp. oil over medium. sweat the onions, 6–8 minutes. Add garlic and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened, 2–3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- combine yogurt, lemon zest and juice, onion mixture, half of the almonds, raisins and kale in a medium bowl. taste and season with salt and pepper.
- scrape into a shallow serving bowl and use the back of a spoon to carve a few swirls into the dip. Top with remaining almonds, drizzle olive oil over, and top with some fresh herbs like mint if you have them.