Most seafood boils -- which are composed of shrimp or langoustine or crab, alongside potatoes, corn and sausage, -- call for Old Bay seasoning. This recipe, however, uses Tajin for its seasoning. Make this Tajin seafood boil anytime you're hosting a summer dinner party, want a pescatarian Whole30 recipe, want to cook a recipe with Tajin, and want to make a hearty seafood meal.
Tajin is a lifestyle!!! This is my favorite new summer seafood recipe -- it is easy, healthy, and comes together quickly. This summer seafood boil feeds a crowd, too.
Why this is the best seafood boil recipe
The best part of this Tajin shrimp boil is that the lime-y-ness of the Tajin makes it so the whole seafood boil is perfectly citrusy and just spicy enough, without having to use a ton of extra ingredients or random spices.
It's also a pescatarian Whole30 recipe!
How to make a shrimp boil, step by step
- First, you're going to gather your ingredients, a large pot, and bring water to boil.
- Then, add in the Tajin seasoning to the water. Throw in the potatoes first.
- Then, add the corn and the andouille sausage.
- Next add the shrimp.
- Then add in the mussels, and let it all cook for a few final minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together butter with more Tajin and melt.
- Serve each person with an ear of corn, a few potatoes and sausages, a few shrimps, and a few mussels,
- Drizzle some tajin butter on top and enjoy! Finish with some parsley if that's your style, too!
Tips for making a great seafood/shrimp boil
- I think the most important part of a seafood/shrimp boil is the seasoning. Using Tajin as the seasoning makes this seafood boil limey and just spicy enough, without being overwhelmingly hot.
- You want a shrimp boil to be not overcooked, too. Pay attention to the timing so that no one ingredient is mushy or rubbery.
Check out my other favorite seafood recipes!
Seafood Boil with Tajin Seasoning
- 1 lb small waxy potatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 12 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Tajin seasoning for the boil + more for the butter
- 3 ears of corn
- ½ lb sausage optional if you want to keep this pescatarian - I used the chicken andouille sausage from Trader Joe's
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 8 ounces mussels cleaned and de-bearded
- ½ cup butter
- Bring the water to boil in a large pot
- Add in the potatoes, garlic, and Tajin and boil for 5-10 minutes
- Add in the corn and sausage, boil for another 3-5 minutes - check on the potatoes, make sure they're not falling apart yet
- Add in the shrimp and mussels in, poach for 2 minutes
- Make the butter - take a stick of butter and mix with Tajin. Remove the garlic from the pot and cut in half lengthwise, and squeeze the butter into the garlic, and stir to combine. Add in 2-3 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
- Drain the whole thing in a large colandar in the sink.
- Return the seafood boil to the large pot and mix with the Tajin butter.
- Serve either on a platter (a big baking sheet works) or plate it out individually.