If you’re curious about minimalism and find yourself always digging around your kitchen to find that *one thing* – consider starting a Capsule Kitchen. It’s like a capsule wardrobe, but for your kitchen – keeping only the hardiest, workhorse-y, useful kitchen utensils in your house and donating or recycling the gadgets/pots/pans that are taking up space.
declutte your kitchen and achieve cooking zen
Here are 10 questions to ask yourself as you are reducing the clutter in your kitchen to build your Capsule Kitchen – this is a great lens to work through as you do the 21-Day Capsule Kitchen Challenge.
10 questions to ask as you’re purging your kitchen
- Do I cook with this regularly?
- If not, is this something I love?
- Am I keeping this out of expectation or obligation?
- Am I holding on this kitchen gadget/pot/pan because I think I should love it?
- Am I saving this just in case?
- Do I have multiples of the same thing?
- Could something else I have in the kitchen do the same job?
- Am I holding onto a broken item to fix one day?
- Is this item worth the time and money I might spend to clean, repair, or store it?
- Could I use this kitchen space for something else?