Here is a recipe for risotto made in the Instant Pot, and served with a ton of fresh herbs. This easy risotto recipe is sophisticated enough for date night or entertaining, and also is affordable and easy to make on any weeknight. Make this Instant Pot herb risotto any time!!
Making risotto is actually quite easy. Just memorize this routine:
how to make risotto on the stove vs. in an instant pot
You can do this on the stove or in an Instant Pot. It takes about 30 minutes to cook on the stove, but only 5 MINUTES to cook risotto in an instant pot.
To make risotto on a stovetop, sautee an onion, followed by stirring in arborio rice. Add in wine, and cook off the wine. Pour in chicken broth, just a little bit at a time, and cook until it all comes together. Mix in cheese and toppings, and that is it! So easy.
To make risotto in an instant pot, start by sauteeing onion and arborio rice on the “sautee” setting on your Pot. Then, instead of stirring in the chicken broth gradually, you just dump it all in, set your Instant Pot for 5 minutes, then add in the parmesan and toppings.
Make this recipe in the spring and summertime, and in the winter, make my butternut squash risotto!Print
Easy risotto made in an Instant Pot
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- optional: 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of mint, finely chopped
- Prepare the risotto. Start your Instant Pot on sautee mode, and heat up olive oil until it shimmers. Add in the chopped onion and sweat them. Add in the arborio rice and sautee a little, so that the rice kernels are all coated evenly with olive oil. Add in the wine and let it cook off a little, until it doesn’t smell like wine too much.
- Cook the risotto. Add in the chicken broth and stir it all to combine. Seal the instant pot and cook on high for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Finish and serve. Once done, stir in the optional frozen peas, parmesan cheese, and finely chopped herbs. Taste and adjust for cheesiness and serve with a little bit of flaky salt. Yum!
Keywords: herb risotto, instant pot risotto, instant pot herb risotto