Here’s a recipe for a classic cobb salad, that’s filled with greens, proteins, and herbs. This salad is best when tomatoes are ripe, but with tomatoes in the grocery store year-round, it can be made any time you want. This classic cobb salad is healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
a big, entree size salad is one of my go to meals. crispy vegetables, tender protein, savory egg, maybe some fresh herbs and a simple olive oil/vinegar dressing — just a classic that you should memorize how to do.
how to make this whole30 cobb salad
This salad is really easy to make. All you gotta do is hard boil the eggs, poach the chicken and cook off the bacon. Top it with a simple vinaigrette of your choosing! And you don’t have to exclusively eat this while on Whole30 – this salad is great as an entree salad.
After I made this, I portioned it into 4 equal servings as my meal prep for the week 🙂 It’s healthy and convenient!
Classic Cobb Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 3 Persian cucumbers
- 1 avocado quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar – or any vinegar you prefer
- Boil a big pot of water and prepare a bowl of ice water
- Cook the eggs for 8 minutes exactly and then submerge in ice water
- In the same pot of boiling water, poach chicken for 10 minutes
- In a skillet on another burner, crisp up the bacon and then set aside on a paper towel
- Chop and combine all the vegetables and serve with a simple vinaigrette of a 2:1 ratio of oil to vinegar!