Here's a recipe for a small batch of vegan coconut donuts. It will yield 6 donuts, so it's the perfect recipe for 1 person.
Have you ever tried to make donuts at home? no? if you're kind of a donut addict like me (holler donut plant on bergen and Flatbush!) it may behoove you to get a donut baking pan and make these baked coconut donuts at home for both time, money and caloric savings. (maybe not caloric if you eat the whole batch, but a small one, sure.)
i made a small batch of these last weekend and it was such a delight on Sunday morning to have fresh donuts all to myself, and not too many because the recipe only yields 6. these are vegan donuts you can make at home!
Vegan Coconut Donuts
- 130 g flour
- 33 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 90 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 flax egg or regular egg, but then it won't be vegan
- ½ teaspoon coconut or almond extract
- 30 milliliters vegetable oil
- 96 grams powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon coconut or almond extract
- toasted coconut for topping
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the dry ingredients: the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients coconut milk, egg, extract, butter, and oil. Mix on low the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a pastry bag and cut off the tip. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling each about ⅔ full.
- Bake the donuts for about 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the donuts are cool, make the icing, and dip the top into each, sprinkling with coconut as you please.