These air fryer sweet potato fries are loaded with Mexican flavors. Simply make some basic air fryer sweet potato fries, then top with an insanely delicious chipotle-lime crema, cotija, and cilantro. Hope you devour these at your next party!!
the inspiration behind these loaded mexican sweet potato fries
The way this recipe came about was that I was thinking about just how perfect of a bite elotes are. The sweetness of the corn is perfectly complemented by the saltiness of the cotija and creaminess of the crema. A little bit of lime and Tajin rounds it out. What other vegetables are starchy and sweet, and could also stand up to these big flavors? Sweet potatoes!
The lime-chipotle crema is really the kicker in this dish. Also, shout out to Rizo Brothers -- they sent me some of their cheese for my sampling and I included their grated Cotija in this recipe.
how to make these in an air fryer
you can make these at home in the oven, or in an air fryer. for these, i made them in an air fryer. all you gotta do is buy some frozen, pre cut fries and then throw them in your trusty air fryer for 10 minutes. then toss them, and do another 10 minutes. ta da loaded mexican sweet potato fries!
Toss them with this sauce and you'll just die from how good this all is. And that drip of the chipotle-lime crema. OMG. These loaded Mexican sweet potato fries are the bomb.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries
- 1 bag of frozen sweet potato fries
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotles in adobo
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese - crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Tajin
- ¼ cup Cilantro - chopped
- Throw the frozen sweet potato fries into an air fryer and bake at 400 for 20 minutes, stirring/flipping halfway through.
- While the fries are cooking, make the chipotle-lime crema. Combine mayo, lime, and chipotle and stir to combine.
- Serve the fries with chipotle-lime crema on the side or drizzled on top. Top with cotija, Tajin, cilantro and more lime if you want!