I’m totally on an air fryer kick right now. As a self-proclaimed fry addict, my new air fryer has been a game changer. I love sweet potato fries and also love Mexican-inspired flavors; these are reminiscent of elotes and are just amazing. The chipotle-lime crema is crack. The cotija on top adds a salty note. Hope you devour these at your next party!!
the inspiration behind these loaded mexican sweet potato fries
The way this recipe came about was that I was thinking about just how perfect of a bite elotes are. The sweetness of the corn is perfectly complemented by the saltiness of the cotija and creaminess of the crema. A little bit of lime and Tajin rounds it out. What other vegetables are starchy and sweet, and could also stand up to these big flavors? Sweet potatoes!
how to make these in an air fryer
you can make these at home in the oven, or in an air fryer. for these, i made them in an air fryer. all you gotta do is buy some frozen, pre cut fries and then throw them in your trusty air fryer for 10 minutes. then toss them, and do another 10 minutes. ta da loaded mexican sweet potato fries!
Toss them with this sauce and you’ll just die from how good this all is. And that drip of the chipotle-lime crema. OMG. These loaded Mexican sweet potato fries are the bomb.Print
These loaded Mexican sweet potato fries are reminiscent of elotes and are just amazing. The chipotle-lime crema is crack. The cotija on top adds a salty note.
- 1 bag of frozen sweet potato fries
- 1/4 cup of good quality mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp (or more if you like spicy) of chipotles en adobo
- Cotija cheese
- Squeeze of lime
- Throw the frozen sweet potato fries into an air fryer and bake at 400 for 20 minutes, stirring/flipping halfway through.
- While the fries are cooking, make the chipotle-lime crema. Combine mayo, lime, and chipotle and stir to combine.
- Serve the fries with chipotle-lime crema on the side or drizzled on top. Top with cotija, Tajin, cilantro and more lime if you want!
Keywords: Sweet potato fries, air fryer sweet potato fries, loaded mexican sweet potato fries