If you’re a chili oil noodle lover but are trying to cut down on net carbs, here is a keto/low carb chili oil noodle recipe to satisfy your cravings. Using shirataki noodles and your favorite chili oil, this dish is spicy, cool, and crunchy with the addition of cucumbers and peanuts. One serving of these has 2 net carbs.
Why this recipe is worth your time
- Chili oil noodles are very popular right now!
- Using shirataki noodles is a pretty good substitute for the real thing
- This recipe is, imho, more refreshing for a hot day than the traditional starchy noodle recipe
- It’s easy to make and comes together in less than 10 minutes
- It has 2 net carbs
What even is a shirataki noodle?!
Bulletproof says, “Also called ito konnyaku or konjac yam noodles, shirataki noodles have been popular in Asian cuisine for centuries. They are exploding on the health food scene as a keto-friendly pasta alternative. With nearly zero calories or carbs, these clear, flavorless miracle noodles let you enjoy pasta without the starchy carbs, sugar spikes and bloat that come with eating traditional grains.”
How to make low carb chili oil noodles
You will need
- 1 tablespoons of your favorite chili oil per person
- 1 packet of shirataki noodles per person
- 1/2 a cucumber per person
- 1 teaspoon of peanuts (totally optional) per person
Rinse off your shirataki noodles, pat them dry, and then in a bowl, toss with oil.
Plate your noodles and top with chopped cucumber and chopped peanuts.
Keto Chili Oil Noodles
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 7 oz shirataki noodles
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 teaspoon peanuts
- Rinse off your shirataki noodles, pat them dry, and then in a bowl, toss with chili oil.
- Plate your noodles and top with chopped cucumber and chopped peanuts.
- That’s it!