Here’s a recipe for a sweet potato soup that is so easy to make. It’s just dump-and-go in an Instant Pot, followed by a quick whiz in a blender to bring it all together. Using sweet potatoes, onion, bone broth, and spices, it’s light and warming at the same time. You’ll love this spicy sweet potato soup as a quick breakfast (serious!), or appetizer for any meal. This Instant Pot version of spicy sweet potato soup is good for you and delicious, too.
This recipe is adapted from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook It’s All Good and made for the Instant Pot. I know Gwyneth/Goop get a bad rap, but that cookbook does have a lot of great basic, healthy recipes in it. I love that it’s made out of staples. And it is a really cheap way to make a meal or extend it through the week. This could be a really good meal prep idea for sweet potatoes that are not just the normal roasted sweet potato.
All you do is chop the ingredients, dump into the Instant Pot, cook the ingredients, and then puree in a blender or with a hand immersion blender. It’s spicy, sweet, savory, and warming all at once! Enjoy!Print
You’ll love this spicy sweet potato soup as a quick breakfast (serious!), or appetizer for any meal. This Instant Pot version of spicy sweet potato soup is good for you and delicious, too.
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo (or more if you like)
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups bone broth (or any type of broth/stock you have on hand)
- a teaspoon of plain yogurt, a handful of roasted pepitas, cilantro, or anything else!
- Combine all ingredients in an Instant Pot and cook on manual pressure for 18 minutes
- Do a quick release
- Pour into a blender and whiz to combine
- Garnish however you like!
6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per cup
Keywords: Soup, instant pot soup recipe, Paleo, Whole30, sweet potato soup, spicy sweet potato soup