here is a recipe for a carrot-ginger-miso dip that is just like the carrot and ginger dressing you get at
the inspiration behind this carrot ginger miso dip
this carrot miso dip is from that book , but i’ve made a few tweaks, outlined below.
i intellectually know that vegan food is just plant based cooking, but mere idea of restriction makes me sad. luckily, this dressing/dip/marinade is so flavorful, you won’t even be mad that it’s vegan.
how to make carrot ginger miso dressing at home
the original recipe just calls for combining everything in a food processor and then it’s done, but
here is another of one of my favorite dip recipes – a kale yogurt dip – and also if you’re a fan of low-waste/full-use cooking, here’s a simple steamed carrot recipe that makes use of the full carrot!Print
This carrot-ginger-miso dip has a lot of flavor for being plant-based! The miso really adds a punch and the ginger and carrot go perfectly together.
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of miso
- 1/4 cup of light rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- in the microwave, steam the baby carrots + water for about 2 minutes on high until the carrots are softened a little
- transfer to a food processor and pulse to combine with the rest of the ingredients
- serve with crackers, sliced cucumbers, sliced peppers, or use as a salad dressing, or use as a glaze for grilled vegetables, tofu, chicken or meat
Keywords: ginger carrot miso dressing, ginger carrot miso dip, ginger carrot dressing, vegan dip