- 2 cups of baby new potatoes
- 4 cups of water (at least)
- juice of 1 lemon, and then quarter the juiced lemon and use
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Take a low/wide pan — this is my favorite braising pan — and pour in 2 cups of baby new potatoes. Cover those potatoes with water (about 4 cups of water), and add in a few glugs of olive oil, and the juice of 1 lemon. Cut the lemon into quarters after you’ve juiced them, and then also throw the lemons into the pot. Add in kosher salt, a few bay leafs if you have them, and bring the whole thing to a boil.
- Then, reduce down the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, with the top on the pot, until a butter knife can slice a potato without any resistance.
- When the potatoes are done, take the top off the pot and reduce the braising liquid down to a pan sauce – it should evaporate in about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Toss the potatoes so they’re covered evenly with said pan sauce, and then serve!
Keywords: braised potato recipe, how to braise potatoes, lemon braised potatoes