Keto lamb meatballs with cumin and coriander. Served with salsa verde, arugula and a totally optional yogurt moat.
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch red-pepper flakes
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3–4 scallions, roots and green parts discarded
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of capers (drained)
- Apple cider vinegar as needed
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- In a bowl combine your 1 lb lamb, 1 egg, and 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of ground coriander, 1 tsp of kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper, and mix with your hands to thoroughly combine.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat a little bit of oil and let the pan get hot. Using a spoon or small cookie scooper, portion out 16 one ounce, 1” meatballs and sear them on all sides – about 1 min total. They won’t stay perfectly round, but it will be okay.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While the meatballs are finishing in the oven, in a food processor, combine your 1 bunch of parsley, 3 scallions, ½ cup olive oil, zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons of drained capers, and a splash of apple cider vinegar.
- Pulse a few times to combine.
- On a platter or on individual plates, smear a layer of greek yogurt on the plate. Then place the meatballs on top, followed by a sprinkling of arugula. Then drizzle the salsa verde — about half of what your recipe yielded — on top, and serve.
Keywords: Meatballs, lamb meatballs, salsa verde, keto meatballs, keto recipes