A recipe for rhubarb simple syrup
- 1 1/2 lbs of fresh rhubarb, chopped into 1” slices
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar or 3/4 cup of Swerve
- Take 1 1/2 lbs of fresh rhubarb, and chop it into 1″ slices. In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar.
- Bring the rhubarb, water and sugar to a boil, and stir until the rhubarb breaks down a bit.
- Then, let it reduce down by a third, which will take about 10 minutes.
- Using a sieve strainer on top of a bowl, pour the rhubarb compote over the strainer, and use a spoon to push out the simple syrup.
- Let the simple syrup cool to room temperature.
- Serve as you wish
Keywords: rhubarb recipes, rhubarb simple syrup, rhubarb drinks