Here’s a recipe for a pineapple fizz with jalapeno that is refreshing, cooling and light and lovely for the summer.
Putting pineapple slices and/or umbrellas in cocktails instantly transport you to Hawaii… or just a vacation state of mind. I personally took a personal vacation day last Friday, and it was such a lovely day to myself. I completely turned off my work email, slept in, got a facial and a pedicure, made some recipes and practiced my photography, and just relaxed. Since there aren’t any Hawaiian vacations on my horizon, pineapple fizz drinks will have to keep me going for now.
A “fizz” is a mixed drink whose defining features are an acidic juice (such as lemon or lime) and carbonated water.
It feels tropical and also healthy! You can make this a mocktail, using Seedlip spirits, or you can go all in and make it a cocktail with rum, vodka, or cachaca. It reminds me of a healthy mai tai!
Pineapple & Jalapeno Fizzy Cocktail
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubed
- 1 packet of sugar in the raw
- 2 cans of Spindrift Lemon
- your choice: 2oz per drink of vodka rum, cachaca or Seedlip
- 3 rounds of fresh jalapeno
- divide the pineapple among 3 12 oz tumbler glasses, saving a few to make decorative wedges out of. divide the 1 packet of sugar in the raw amongst the 3 glasses, and muddle together the sugar and pineapple.
- add ice to each glass
- add 2oz of alcohol or Seedlip
- top with Spindrift and stir
- garnish with 1 round of jalapeno on each and a wedge of pineapple on the rim