This recipe for a honeydew boba smoothie is dairy-free, healthy and so refreshing for the summertime. The frozen honeydew blends into a smooth, creamy texture, and uses cucumber, mint and coconut water. This honeydew smoothie is so cooling for scorching hot days. And, if you are a fan of bubble tea, this recipe shows you how to cook tapioca pearls for any drink. Hope you love this honeydew boba smoothie!
Honeydew has always been my favorite flavor for bubble tea. In Los Angeles, we call a drink with tapioca pearls “boba” but in Seattle we called it bubble tea. The tapioca pearls are a divisive topic.
to make this smoothie, you’re going to prepare tapioca pearls by boiling them in water and a hint of sugar, then you will blend frozen honeydew with cucumber, mint, and coconut water. its sooo refreshing.
you might be wondering how to cook tapioca pearls. to cook tapioca pearls and make bubble tea, boil 10 cups of water for every 1 cup of tapioca pearls. and since tapioca pearls are nearly flavorless, you may want to sweeten them with a bit of honey, sugar, or stevia. just boil the tapioca pearls in water for 4 minutes, until they are all floating, and then drain/set aside.
hope you enjoy this homemade honeydew bubble tea recipe – this honeydew smoothie with boba!!!
Honeydew Smoothie with Boba
- Honeydew Smoothie
- 4 cups of frozen chopped honeydew
- 1 persian cucumber
- 24 ounces of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of mint
- Tapioca Pearls
- 1/2 cup of tapioca pearls
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Prepare the tapioca pearls. Bring to a boil 6 cups of water, and then add in the tapioca pearls and a hint of sugar. Cook for 4 minutes, until they are all floating. then drain them and set aside.
- Prepare the honeydew smoothie. Blend the frozen honeydew chunks with the coconut water, cucumber, and mint in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Serve. Divide the tapioca pearls among 3 large glasses, and then divide the honeydew smothie among the three glasses. Yum!