Y’all. I’m sure there are a billion and a half cornbread recipes out there but I just had this cornbread at a lunch hosted by the Husbands That Cook and I am shooketh. This is an incredible moist cornbread recipe; it has a tight crumb so it was not some crumbly waste-of-time BS cornbread. This is truly life-changing cornbread. Trust me when I tell you that. It is life-changing!
This cornbread veers more towards spoon-bread territory than your regular old lame crumbly dusty-ass cornbread. It’s tender, creamy, and not-too-sweet, everything you could ask for in a moist cornbread recipe. Don’t you just hate the overly crumbly cornbread that just breaks in your hands and isn’t even worth eating anymore? Me too. I wish this wasn’t the case for most cornbread recipes but that is why we have this one now!
I imagine it would be really good with some whipped butter on top – a classic cornbread move – but I went with a drizzle of manuka honey and a hit of flakey salt (obvs). That really just took this moist cornbread recipe to the next level for me truly.
how to make the most perfectly moist cornbread without the crumbly BSPrint
- 1/2 cup (69 grams) yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (105 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (66 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce can of creamed corn
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- baking spray
1. Pre heat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together
3. Add in the wet ingredients and mix to *just* combine
4. Pour into a greased pan – either a 9″ skillet or a 9″ square pan — and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
5. Enjoy plain or with honey + salt on top!
Keywords: Corn bread, life changing cornbread, moist cornbread