This is an incredible moist cornbread recipe; it has a tight crumb so it was not some crumbly waste-of-time BS cornbread. This is truly life-changing cornbread. Trust me when I tell you that this is the most moist cornbread you will ever bake.
This cornbread veers more towards spoon-bread territory than your regular old lame crumbly dusty-ass cornbread. It's tender, creamy, and not-too-sweet, everything you could ask for in a moist cornbread recipe. Don't you just hate the overly crumbly cornbread that just breaks in your hands and isn't even worth eating anymore? Me too. I wish this wasn't the case for most cornbread recipes but that is why we have this one now!
I imagine it would be really good with some whipped butter on top - a classic cornbread move - but I went with a drizzle of manuka honey and a hit of flakey salt (obvs). That really just took this moist cornbread recipe to the next level for me truly.
Moist Cornbread Life-Changing Recipe
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 ounce creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- baking spray
- Pre heat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together your cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and starch in a medium bowl and whisk with a fork to combine/evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your eggs, creamed corn, sour cream, and melted butter. Stir to combine. Add your wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and fold a few times to combine.
- Pour the cornbread batter into a greased pan - either a 9" skillet or a 9" square pan -- and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Enjoy plain or with honey + salt on top!