Here's a gluten-free olive oil cake made with almond flour, and scented with orange zest. The cake is topped with a Greek yogurt whipped cream and good with any fruit on top! This time I went with the classic strawberry. You could make it as a loaf, as I did below, or in a cake pan.
This is a very light, airy, and healthy-feeling gluten-free olive oil cake. And what i actually think is the tour de force of this whole thing is the GREEK YOGURT WHIPPED CREAM. It is truly life-changing!
Mixing heavy whipping and full-fat Greek yogurt makes for the most decadent, fluffy, tangy, tart topping to a healthy-feeling cake. It's my new go-to cake topping.
A few pro tips!
To make this gluten-free olive oil cake, you're going to want to whip the eggs a lot and really get a lot of air into them before folding in the additional wet ingredients and the dry ingredients.
And let the cake cool completely before topping with the glorious yogurt-whipped cream.
Gluten-Free Olive Oil Loaf Cake with Yogurt Whipped Cream
Gluten-Free Olive OIl Loaf Cake
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup millet flour , or all-purpose if not GF
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 orange - zest and juice
Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whip the eggs & sugar until light yellow and fluffy – about 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and olive oil, and mix to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in the Greek yogurt.
- When the cake is ready, let cool completely. Top with Greek yogurt whipped cream and sliced strawberries.