Here’s a gluten-free olive oil cake made with almond flour, scented with orange zest. It’s topped with Greek yogurt whipped cream and good with any fruit on top! You could make it as a loaf, as I did below, or in a cake pan.
This is a very light, airy, and healthy-feeling gluten-free olive oil cake. And what i actually think is the tour de force of this whole thing is the GREEK YOGURT WHIPPED CREAM.
Mixing heavy whipping and full-fat Greek yogurt is the most decadent, fluffy, tangy, tart topping to a healthy-feeling cake. It’s my new go-to cake topping.
A few pro tips!
To make this gluten-free olive oil cake, you’re going to want to whip the eggs a lot and really get a lot of air into them before folding in the additional wet ingredients and the dry ingredients.
And let the cake cool completely before topping with the glorious yogurt-whipped cream.Print
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of all purpose or millet flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 pint of strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whip the eggs & sugar until light yellow and fluffy – about 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and olive oil, and mix to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, whip the heavy cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in the Greek yogurt.
- When the cake is ready, let cool completely. Top with Greek yogurt whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Keywords: olive oil cake, olive oil loaf, orange olive oil cake, greek yogurt whipped cream