Here is a super easy, fail-proof recipe for strawberry pie. This pie sets up beautifully every time and anyone can make it! Make this at the first sight of strawberries come spring.
If you don’t like fresh strawberries in the springtime, get out of here. Just go!
Spring is my *favorite* season for cooking. It truly feels miraculous when berries and herbs emerge from the earth.
how to make a strawberry pie perfectly
This fresh strawberry pie is perfect all you strawberry lovers out there. It uses Jell-O and sets up perfectly every time.
First, make the pie crust. Blind bake it so it can support a juicy filling.
Then make the strawberry glaze – mix water, sugar, and cornstarch in a pot and whisk over medium-high heat until clear and thick. Then add in strawberry Jell-O.
Pour the strawberry glaze over freshly cut strawberries, mix mix mix, then pour into your prepared pie crust.
Chill in the fridge for a few hours, then serve!
It’s really great with the Greek Yogurt-Whipped Cream recipe included in the recipe card below.
frequently asked questions about making strawberry pie
Can i make the filing ahead of time?
- Hmmm – I
don’tthink so. It will firm up and may not set in the pie dish if you have to pour it in from a previous set.
Strawberry Pie Recipe – Simple & Foolproof
Strawberry Pie Filling
- 2.5 lbs fresh strawberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 1 package strawberry jell-o; 0.6 oz
Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Prepare a pie crust according to the recipe linked above – blind bake it for 15 minutes at 350F and let it cool. Or, use a pre-made pie crust from the store and bake it in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes, with pie weights in it, to blind bake it.
- Hull (aka clean and slice) the strawberries and set aside.
- Boil water in a medium saupan and add in the sugar and corn starch. Whisk continuously until thick and clear – about 5 minutes. Then add in the jello powder and whisk to combine. turn off the heat. mix with strawberries in a large bowl and let the whole thing cool down.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, whip together the powdered sugar + heavy cream. When soft peaks form, fold in the greek yogurt.
- Pour the strawberry-jello mixture into the prepared pie crust, and then pipe or spoon the whipped cream-greek yogurt mixture on top.