Easy rhubarb compote recipe with a keto option
- 1.5–2 lbs (about 4 cups) of rhubarb, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sugar – use Swerve granulated sugar if you’re keto
- 1/4 cup of water
- Optional: juice from 1 orange
- To make a rhubarb compote, combine 2 lbs of chopped rhubarb (about 4 cups) with a 1/2 cup of sugar — use Swerve granulated sugar if you’re going keto — and a 1/4 cup of water in a medium-size sauce pan. Optional would be a squeeze of orange if you have it.
- Simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes, until it’s broken down. Let it cool, then store in a jar. You’ll need two 12-oz jars for it all to fit.
Keywords: rhubarb recipe, rhubarb compote