this cherry chia chai jam recipe is just 4 ingredients and looks (and tastes!) way more elegant than how much work it takes to make it. perfect with yogurt, or on top of toast, or on top of ice cream, this cherry chia chai jam will take advantage of yummy summer cherries and tantalize your taste buds!
this cherry chia chai jam is also soooo easy to make, compared to most jam recipes. first, you’ll want to pit the cherries using this nifty cherry pitter. do 2 cups.
how to make cherry jam without pectin – using chia seeds
in a saucepan, combine the cherries and honey and heat for about 5 minutes on med-high heat. use the back of a spoon or a pie crust combiner thing to mash them together. reduce the heat, and add in chai tea bags and let it steep for 10 minutes on simmer. then, add in the chia seeds, stir, and let it cool. you can not add in the chai tea, and it will still be delish, but then you wouldn’t get the complete tongue twister that is “cherry chia chai jam.”
store in a 2-cup jar and enjoy this cherry chia jam!!!
recipe for cherry chia chai jamPrint
this cherry chia chai jam will take advantage of yummy summer cherries and tantalize your taste buds
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teabags of chai tea
- In a small saucepan, cook the cherries and honey on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- After about 5 minutes, use the back of a wooden spoon or a pie dough hand held thingy to mash the cherries.
- Bring the mixture to a low-boil, cover with a lid, then reduce heat to low. Add the chai tea bags and simmer/steep for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds. The jam will thicken as it cools.
- Store the cherry chia jam in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Keywords: easy cherry chia jam, cherry jam no pectin, cherry chia chai jam, chai, cherry