The best and easiest recipe for a frozen key lime pie / no bake key lime pie!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 14-0z cans of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- First, make — or buy! — a graham cracker crust. Store-bought its totally fine here! If you want to go DIY, mix 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons of butter, and 1 tsp of cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir to combine until it looks like wet sand, then pat into a 9″ pie plate. Bake in an oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes, until it’s firmer to the touch. Let it cool.
- Next, mix 2 14-oz cans condensed milk, 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon of lime zest, and 6 large egg yolks with a hand mixer or in the bowl of a KitchenAid for 3 minutes.
- Pour the filling inside the pie crust and place Saran wrap on top — put in the freezer and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Take the pie out about 5 minutes before you want to eat it, and top with whipped cream, additional lime zest, and slices of fresh lime if you want to make it pretty.
Keywords: frozen key lime pie, no-bake key lime pie