horchata (orxata) inspired paletas, perfect for a hot summer day!
- 2 1/2 cups almond or rice milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon loose/whole chai spices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 anise pod
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the almond or rice milk, cream, sugar, and spices. Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Let cool for at least 30 minutes on the counter.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the spices, and then stir in the Kahlua.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- It might take up to 24 hours for this to freeze because of the Kahlua, and then know that they’ll be a little icier/melt faster.
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 9.2g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 5.5mg
Keywords: Popsicle, paleta, horchata, horchata popsicle