Have you ever really wanted a homemade chocolate chip cookie but every recipe out there yielded like 3 dozen? Well, here’s a small batch chocolate chip cookie recipe that produces the perfect amount – 12 cookies. You might still eat all 12 in 1 sitting but hey, at least it wasn’t 36. Either way, no judgement!
tips for making a small batch of chocolate chip cookies
I picked up this melted butter hack from Pinch of Yum, and it def yields a great cookie without having to wait for 36 hours for your dough to properly chill. So, this cookie essentially… has no …. chill.
Since this is a small recipe, you’re measuring ingredients in a smaller dose – so that means you’re losing half an egg. You can save the egg for an omelette, but also, it’s just half an egg.
And, be careful to NOT OVER BAKE THEM!!
recipe for a small batch of chocolate chip cookiesPrint
these cookies have no chill. (sorry i had to)
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar – 1/4 cup granulated, 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg, mixed – and then eyeball throw out half of it (sorry)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a half sheet baking pan with a Silpat or parchment liner.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Not like bubbling hot, but melted. (let it cool a minute if you need to.)
- In a stand mixer, mix together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add in the vanilla and the half-egg, mix for a minute longer to whip together but not so that the eggs get stiff.
- Add in the dry ingredients – flour, salt, and baking soda – and mix to combine. Add in the chocolate chips and do 2 quick turns w/ the mixer to get the chips in there.
- Using a scooper, portion into 12 small or 6 large cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes – more like 8 if they’re small, 10 if they’re big
- Let cool for a minute and eat!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, making chocolate chip cookies without chilling them, small batch chocolate chip cookies