Have you ever really wanted a homemade chocolate chip cookie but every recipe out there yielded like 3 dozen? Well, here's a small batch chocolate chip cookie recipe that produces the perfect amount - 12 cookies. You might still eat all 12 in 1 sitting but hey, at least it wasn't 36. Either way, no judgement!
Since this is a small recipe, you're measuring ingredients in a smaller dose - so that means you're losing half an egg. You can save the egg for an omelette, but also, it's just half an egg.
And, be careful to NOT OVER BAKE THEM!!
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
A foolproof, go-to recipe when you only want 1 dozen chocolate chip cookies
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ egg scramble one eggand then eyeball it & throw out half of it (sorry)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a half sheet baking pan with a Silpat or parchment liner.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Not like bubbling hot, but melted. (let it cool a minute if you need to.)
- In a stand mixer, mix together the sugar and butter until creamy. Add in the vanilla and the half-egg, mix for a minute longer to whip together but not so that the eggs get stiff.
- Add in the dry ingredients - flour, salt, and baking soda - and mix to combine. Add in the chocolate chips and do 2 quick turns w/ the mixer to get the chips in there.
- Using a scooper, portion into 12 small or 6 large cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes - more like 8 if they're small, 10 if they're big
- Let cool for a minute and eat!
Serving: 1cookieSodium: 76mgCalcium: 6mgVitamin A: 10IUSugar: 9gFiber: 1gPotassium: 14mgCholesterol: 7mgCalories: 105kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 5gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 15gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!