Y’all these cookie butter blondies are unreal. With the toasty cinnamon notes from Biscoff cookie butter, plus dark chocolate and finally a little hit of flaky salt on top — it’s a little over the top. These chocolate chip cookie butter blondies are sent from heaven. Make these now.
the inspiration behind these cookie butter blondies
I travel a lot for work, and one of my secret (now not so secret, I guess) favorite airplane snacks are the Biscoff cookies they serve on Alaska Airlines. I don’t know – I love the subtle cinnamon flavors, and they’re so nice with coffee. And — Biscoff makes cookie butter too. Yeah. When I saw that a gal I follow on Instagram, Butternut Bakery, made blondies out of Biscoff cookie butter, I knew I had to try them out.
how to make chocolate chip cookie butter blondies
I used Jenna’s recipe and then added in a few twists — plus a little more cinnamon, plus chocolate chips, and a little bit of flaky salt on top, because salted dessert-y things are like crack to me. You’re going to mix together cookie butter with melted butter, an egg, and spices first. Then, fold in the flour – the mixture will be sticky. Finally, fold in the chocolate. Full recipe is below!!
These chocolate chip cookie butter blondies come together really quickly and would be killer for a bake sale or office bake off.
Frequently asked questions:
- What does it mean to prep a baking dish? It means either butter/flour the bottom (grease with butter and then dust with flour), or spray it with baking spray (my personal fav), or line with parchment paper or foil. Don’t use wax paper – wax paper and parchment paper are NOT the same.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup Lotus Biscoff Cookie Butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (or toasted sugar, if you keep that handy)
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups of AP flour
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Prep an 8×8″ baking dish. In a bowl, stir together the melted butter, cookie butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, and stir until combined.
- Add in the salt and flours and mix until the dough comes together. Last, add the chocolate chips in and stir to just barely combine – don’t overmix.
- Press the dough into your prepared pan so that it touches the edges and is nice and even. Bake for 25-30 minutes or knife/cake tester/toothpick comes out.
- Let them cool/come to room temperature before diving in!
- Store in an airtight container — they’ll keep for about 5 days.
You can not include the chocolate chips if you don’t wanna!
Keywords: Biscoff cookie butter, blondies, cookie butter blondies, blondie recipes